Monday, June 02, 2008

Forgiveness - Don't Waste Your Life

This past weekend, I enjoyed going to see two of the top movies currently playing in all local theaters.

In each of these movies, a particular line jumped out at me as being refreshing and possibly even redemptive (if not surprising) considering I was not at church, but sitting in a dark room for two hours with total strangers having paid alot of money to be entertained.

In one of the movies, one of the main characters asked this question, "but what about forgiveness?"

In the other movie, the main character at one point says, "I just don't want to waste my life."

Two blockbuster movies with totally non-contrived lines spoken by lead characters as part of the overall plot of each movie.

I just keep thinking about those lines.....

I hope I forgive more frequently than I judge, and I hope I'm not wasting my life.