Thursday, March 23, 2006

Kids These Days.......


I wanted to title this entry, "I Bet You Can't Find This At Wal-Mart"......

This is the latest in the on-going joy of watching what happens (in my garage) in the minds of our young ones when left alone with technology, toy guns, cardboard, and duct tape. I have yet to ask Ben exactly what this is, but when I do, I will let you know.

I love the creativity and imagination of kids. This "piece of art" was created from a "gargage-sale-special" very outdated VHS camcorder, a used cell phone, an old Shure sm58 microphone, a toy gun, some window viewer cut out from a shoe box, and of course the ever useful duct tape. Where is "show and tell" when we need it? Ben gets an "A" in my book!!

I am reminded of how the ever-famous WD40 got its name - after 40 tries at finding something that would "displace water" to make two surfaces rub more smoothly together, the guys came upon WD40 - water displacement on the 40th try........

Who knows what Ben Worley will call this and who knows what he will come up with next......can't wait to see!!

enjoy.....
DW