Friday, November 17, 2006

My How Time Flies


I really was minding my own business.

I really was driving the speed limit.

It really was my favorite car, and I still miss it.

An innocent Saturday morning returning from an early morning meeting at church resulted in some fairly significant changes for the next six weeks of the end of my 1999.

I don't wish this on anyone, and I know many have been involved in automobile accidents with so much worse results. I can't imagine some of them.

I only know that (7) years ago on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, my life changed.

I still feel sorry for the poor girl who was late for work that morning. It had rained, and the streets were more slick than she realized, and that "dead man's curve" on Berry's Chapel was not kind to her.
I will always remember that violent collision - if you have ever been in any kind of automobile accident, you know what I am talking about. It is simply horrible, and to this day I am cautious to drive anywhere near the center line on any road.

So, as I approach my 7th anniversary of losing my beautiful 1989 Nissan Maxima, I am grateful that is the only thing I lost in this experience.......besides not being able to do my "job" at the most crucial time of the year - Christmas....... (thank you Vicki, Karla, and Barry!)