Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lunch At Wendy's

I eat lunch at Wendy's maybe twice a year.....maybe

Today, for reasons that are not important, I had a window of time open and the closest eating establishment was Wendy's.

The very kind and personable gentleman that took my order kept calling me "my brother" at the end of every sentence. He was having a great time, and I appreciated his enthusiasm.

I took my food, sat down to eat in the almost empty restaurant (it was 1:30pm), and in a few minutes the most interesting of things happened.

That same jovial gentleman, began cleaning off the other tables, and then as he a walked around the room, he began singing at the top of his lungs to the song being piped into the ceiling speakers of this fast food place. The song was non other than the classic Frankie Valli - "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You".

This guy was amazing - I don't know if I was so stunned to hear and see him doing this, that I could not compose myself to ask him to come join my choir, but I sure should have! He was great, and it made my what would have been extremely boring lunch at Wendy's oh so more memorable.......

Singing is SO good for the soul.........

And finally, for some "who cares" bits of information - Wendy’s International, Inc. today announced the completion of its previously announced sale of Baja Fresh Mexican Grill for approximately $31 million. Baja Fresh operates about 300 restaurants in the United States. The purchaser of Baja Fresh is a West Coast restaurant operating company owned by a consortium of investment groups led by David Kim. Mr. Kim and his team own or operate several restaurant concepts, including Sweet Factory, Cinnabon and Denny’s.