Thursday, May 11, 2006

$120 Million Worth Of Art & Culture


Whoever thought that Nashville, Tennessee would spend $120 million on a Symphony Hall?

This place is something else......and I am someone who is excited to experience our Symphony in their new home.

If I don't get there before, I know I will be there on Friday night, April 13, 2007 and Sunday night, April 15.



My friend, Billy Ray Hearn approached David Hamilton and myself about a year ago with the idea of doing a Hymn-Sing with the Nashville Symphony in the new hall during their Inaugural Year. Because of his relationship with the Symphony, Billy Ray convinced them (mainly Alan Valentine, President & CEO) to do it, so it is on the books. David Hamilton will conduct the Nashville Symphony, and David, Billy Ray, and I are working with the Symphony Production Staff in putting together a wonderful evening of hymns that will feature the Nashville Symphony, a 290-voice choir, and special guest artists (yet to be named!).


It promises to be a unique evening in this beautiful new hall.

Get your tickets now - I promise it will be worth every penny you spend!!!


For more information on this incredible landmark and on the Hymn-Sing, check out these sites.....

Today's Tennessean Article

Hymn-Sing Event Information

Take A Glimpse Inside The New Schermerhorn Symphony Center - this is SO amazing!