Sunday, August 23, 2009

Top 10 Things I Want Most From My Choir Members

This summer, I have had the joy of leading various workshops at different conferences, the most recent of which was targeted specifically to choir members.

So, in my preparation, I came up with my top ten list of what I want most from my choir members.

Nothing original here, but if you lead choirs, or know someone who does, I encourage you to use these as discussion points and/or a source of encouragement!

TEN THINGS I WANT MOST FROM MY CHOIR MEMBERS

1. I want my choir members to love being in the choir.

2. I want my choir members to love and serve one another.

3. I want my choir members to pray for me - (because I need it!)

4. I want my choir members to expect my best at all times.

5. I want my choir members to view their involvement in the choir as a calling and a privilege.

6. I want my choir members to put more into the choir than they could ever imagine receiving from it.

7. I want my choir members to love and pray for the people they lead in worship each week.

8. I want my choir members to love and support our senior pastor.

9. I want my choir members to serve the church in at least one other area of ministry.

10. I want my choir members to develop an appreciation for all kinds of music.