Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas From Billy Graham


I find it amazing that an organization as large as the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association must be - would still have my wife on their mailing list.

In March of 1989, she was privileged to be one of the featured soloists at the Greater Syracuse Billy Graham Crusade at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY. I will never forget that evening because I had the incredible honor of sitting with and visiting with George Beverly Shea as well as sitting on the platform and meeting the Reverend Dr. Billy Graham.

I will also always remember that experience because Karla sang at that crusade as she was pregnant with our middle son, Matt. He is now 19 years old!

So, this Christmas - some 19 years later - Karla received a Christmas card from Dr. Billy Graham with the following note -

"Having just celebrated my 90th birthday, I am deeply grateful to God for the ministry He entrusted to Ruth and me for so many years, and to each of you who have prayed for me and my family so faithfully."

May God's gift of Jesus Christ fill you and your loved ones with unspeakable joy this Christmas and througout the coming year.

Billy Graham

(yes, I know it was not personalized, but it still means everything to us that we received it!)