Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

It seems that the past few Novembers have brought about a particular rhythm or cycle of winding down to the end of a year, and with that rhythm or cycle comes a time to get away during what is (having lived here for 30 years - in my opinion) the most beautiful time of the year if you live in middle Tennessee.

Last weekend, Karla and I were able to slip away and enjoy one of our favorite places. When we returned home on Sunday evening, we pulled into our driveway to find our back patio covered with leaves! What a breath-taking picture of God's beauty!

As I captured this moment with my camera, I thought about how my photos are reminders of how God blesses. Maybe we should all take more photos. I am convinced they would serve as constant reminders of how richly blessed we all are!

Happy Thanksgiving!