Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mid-November


The longer I do what I do, the more I realize how my work and pace have certain patterns to them. I know that gearing back up in August for the intensity and work load of each Fall is a ton of work with a ton of things always going on.

This Fall was no different.

When we plan for, prepare for, and record our Christmas CD, we have to do that early in the Fall in order to get everything done in time to have CD's by Thanksgiving. Add to that the weekly planning, the planning for current and future growth, and let's just say it pretty much stays crazy.

A few years ago, Karla and I decided we would take a break every Fall right around the time when we have completed the Christmas CD project and it is no longer in our hands with any further deadlines to meet.

This year, for our time away we ventured into some new territory (literally)....

My first ever visit to the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. The closest this Texas boy had ever been to this area was to drive by it on I-40 headed east.

It was a great weekend getaway - perfect weather and gorgeous views.

God sure did good when He created all of this!!