Thursday, August 07, 2008

Cape Town - Final Day / Travel Home

I am sitting on the floor in the gate area at JFK Airport trying to remember yesterday since we just cleared customs after having been on the same plane for (18) hours. Actually, besides dealing with ridiculous check-in procedures in Cape Town, the trip home was rather painless.

Our final day in Cape Town was bittersweet as you can imagine.

John Thomas came over to express his gratitude to us for our work. (We were the ones thanking him for allowing us the privilege of being with him and all the work he and his incredible team are doing.)

G-boy took us to the Waterfront (huge mall, etc....) so Doug S. and Shane could buy d'jembes - (sp?). G-boy knows his way around Cape Town unlike any person I have ever traveled with! He took us exactly where we needed to go to get the things we wanted to purchase.

It was difficult to say good-bye to the Team House staff and everyone else we worked with. G-boy was really sad to see us go, and we felt the same about not being able to spend anymore time with him. I look forward to seeing him again next time in Cape Town.

Thanks for your prayers for our trip. When I get home, I plan to do one final "Cape Town" blog featuring photos and captions.......

If you have been reading this, and have not been on one of our short-term partnership mission trips to Cape Town, I urge you to prayerfully consider it. I am fairly certain that Avril will want us to bring two separate music teams next year.

I can't wait to see who God brings together for those trips....