Saturday, July 22, 2006

Trip Down Memory Lane - Part 1



This is Part 1 of a 2-Part entry.

I had a neat week heading down to Texas for a few days to visit my folks. I don't see them nearly enough because of the distance between where they live and where I live. That's too bad for many reasons.

They now live about (30) minutes north of San Antonio (where I grew up).

So, we (my Mom, Dad, and myself) decided to take a trip to SA and see the places that influenced me growing up. Wow, what an experience of "looking back". The conversation in the van as we talked about "landmark" after "landmark" was rich, funny, and rewarding.

I won't bore you with too much detail (I know - that's a first!), but here's a brief overview:

Benjamin Franklin Elementary School where I attended grades 1-6


continue to the next entry for more photos and memories.......

(oh, and the photo at the top is the front porch of the house I grew up in - I can tell you where every room in that house is........)